||Publikationen von Markus Schmid
||Empirical Corporate Finance; Corporate Governance; Household Finance
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Household Finance
- ESG and Sustainable Finance
2010 Habilitation at the University of St.Gallen
2004 Ph.D. in Finance (Graduation to Dr. rer. pol.), University of Basel
2001 Diploma in Economics and Business Administration (Graduation to lic. rer. pol.), University of Basel
2014 Visiting Research Professor, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University
2010-2012 Associate Professor of Finance, University of Mannheim
2006-2010 Assistant Professor of Finance, University of St.Gallen
2005-2006 Lecturer and Project Leader "Empirical Corporate Finance", Department of Finance, University of Basel
2004-2005 Post Doctoral Visiting Scholar, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University
2001-2004 Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Basel
- Corporate Finance (Bachelor in Business Administration)
- Corporate Finance (Master in Banking and Finance)
- Empirical Corporate Finance (Ph.D., PiF/GPEF)
- Empirical Corporate Finance (VHB ProDok PhD Program –joint with Prof. Dr. Christoph Schneider)
- Swiss Society of Financial Market Research (SGF), Vice President
- German Finance Association (DGF), Member
- European Finance Association (EFA), Member
- American Finance Association (AFA), Member
- June 2017 Engelbert Dockner Memorial Prize for the best paper presented at the 2017 WU Gutmann Center Symposium for paper “Financial Advice and Bank Profits” (co-authored with D. Hoechle, S. Ruenzi,and N. Schaub).
- June 2013 BAI (Bundesverband Alternative Investments) Wissenschaftspreis 2013 for paper "Hedge Fund Liquidity and Performance: Evidence from the Financial Crisis" (co-authored with N. Schaub).
- Oct 2011 Best Paper Award at the 12th Workshop on Corporate Governance and Investment, Leipzig Graduate School of Management, for paper "Cash Holdings and Corporate Governance Around the World" (co-authored with M. Ammann and D. Oesch).
- March 2010 Best Paper Award at the 2010 Annual Meeting of the Swiss Finance Association for paper "Why and for how Long Do IPOs Underperform?" (co-authored with D. Hoechle).
- June 2007 European Financial Management 2006 Top Download Award for paper "An Integrated Framework of Corporate Governance and Firm Valuation" (co-authored with S. Beiner, W. Drobetz and H. Zimmermann).
- Apr 2006 Swiss Derivative Awards ’06: third prize for "DYNaMiX" certificate (based on working paper "Feasible Momentum Strategies - Evidence from the Swiss Stock Market")
- Jan 2005 "Nachwuchsförderpreis Wirtschaft" of the University of Basel and Basel’s private banks (sponsored by Baumann & Cie., Banquiers, E. Gutzwiller & Cie., Banquiers, and La Roche & Co., Banquiers): first prize for thesis "Three Essays on corporate Governance, Equity Capital Structure, and Corporate Diversification".
- Associate Editor: Management Review Quarterly (2022 - )
- Managing Editor: Financial Markets and Portfolio Management (2012 - )
- Co-Editor: Financial Markets and Portfolio Management (2010 - 2012)
||Weitere Angaben zu Markus Schmid